CANCON 2023 - Second Hand Stall - 21st to 23rd January 2023
Welcome to the CANCON 2023 Second Hand Stall, important information follows!
When we first launched the Bring and Buy almost 18 years ago it consisted of two tables and one Club member. Given the response it wasn’t long before we had to upgrade to a new pen and paper record system, a team of 6 people and about 20 tables. At the time we were able to cover our costs including additional rental fees at 10% of all sales.
Now we have a fully computerised system, enabling online registration and bar-coded labels for our Sellers. We have also introduced variable daily price options. We have invested in 60 tables and 30 shelving bays to facilitate sales and to assist buyers we find and inspect the items that they may be interested in. This is in addition to our expenditure on various items of hardware including multiple laptops, server, printers, and purpose built software.
To provide this service we now operate with a team of 12 – 14 club members which we at times need to transport, feed and accommodate. In addition a lot happens behind the scenes in the lead up to and during the running of the Bring and Buy / Second Hand Stall.
For the last few years we have tried to absorb these operational costs but the rising expenditure associated with operating the Second Hand Stall now means we simply can’t.
To help us offset some of the operational cost we have increased our commission from 10% to 12.5% of all sales. This small increase will help us continue to provide a great service to both Sellers and Buyers alike.
- We will be accepting credit and debit cards at CANCON 2023, as well as CASH.
- Because we are now accepting card payments, any payments to a Seller over $100 will be done by bank transfer.
- NO Bags. In the interest of increasing security NO BAGS of any type including and not restricted to Backpacks, Shopping bags and plastic bags that have any contents in them are allowed inside the bring and buy stall.
As always, ALL bags must be presented for inspection prior to leaving the stall.
- Given the amount of time and effort involved in collecting and posting items back to their owners a Handling fee of $10.00 will now be charged in addition to the postage costs.
- Some Sellers are still using their own forms and or labels. In order to keep our commission and charges to a minimum an additional charge will be placed on Sellers who do not register online and who do not use our labelling system. These charges will be in addition to our standard 10% commission, please see below for details.
|Registered online and labelled||0|
|USB registrations at the event||Official CANCON labels provided||$5|
|Unofficial labels on items *||$5|
|Not registered online *||$5|
* These are cumulative i.e not registered online and using other labels is $10.00.
NOTE: Placing items for sale in the CANCON 2nd Hand Stall is an acceptance of all terms and conditions.
Please subscribe to our updates for the Second Hand Stall at CANCON. To improve our service, we regularly review and may change our forms, sales procedures and hours of operation from year to year. By receiving updates you will be kept informed of any changes made.