CANCON 2018 Second Hand Stall
Sutherland Shire Gamers, on behalf of the Canberra Games Society runs the Second Hand Stall at CANCON in Canberra in January of each year. Please subscribe to our updates for the Second Hand Stall at CANCON. To improve our service, we regularly review and may change our forms, sales procedures and hours of operation from year to year. By receiving updates you will be kept informed of any changes made. The important points to remember for this year are:
- We are now located in the Fitzroy Pavilion. There will be additional signs to help you to find us. Moving to Fitzroy Pavilion gives almost double the space with extra tables, new shelving and more room between tables.
- The Seller Code requirements has now changed to a FOUR letter code. Please remember that all your items for sale MUST be clearly labelled with the same FOUR letter code and an item number (eg. SSGA01, SSGA02). See our Terms & Conditions below for all requirements.
- Computer system V3.
- Seller forms can now be submitted electronically (See below).
- New & Improved and faster payout process.
- Entry to the Second Hand Stall on the Friday morning will be via a colour ticketed entry system. Different coloured tickets will be issued to attendees that will permit them to enter the Second Hand Stall at a specific entry time. Effectively the earlier you get your ticket the earlier your entry time is, tickets will be available from 7.30am on Friday morning at the Second Hand Stall. Only 1 ticket will be issued per person.
- This way individuals do not have to remain in a queue waiting to get in but can wander off and come back at a designated time for automatic entry at that time.
- A reminder that the 2nd Hand Stall is CASH ONLY.
With the new 2nd Hand Stall Application successfully tested at MOAB 2017, we have added some additional functionality. We have added the capability to upload seller Forms to our 2nd Hand Stall Application, which will allow faster bookins and sales. ProcessIf you have any questions, please contact the CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Organiser
- Download the WORD form (cancon2ndhandstall2018.doc) and update; OR
- Create a CSV file with the following fields in this order: (Seller Code, Item Number, Description, Price)
- Upload this Seller Form/List file (either the WORD form or CSV file); entering your name, email address and phone number.
- We will then
- Load the Seller Form/Lists into the CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Application.
- If ok, then we will send you a confirmation email and reference number.
- If there is an issue with the Seller Form/List, we will send you an email with details of the issue.
- When you drop the items off at book in, bring your seller code and reference number and we will do a quick check of your items against the your Seller List on the CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Application.
To upload your seller form/list, please enter details below, select the file you wish to upload and press the Upload button. We will send you a confirmation email soon.
|Thursday 25th Jan||2:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Friday 26th Jan||8:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|11:00 AM – 1:00 PM|
|1:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
|Saturday 27th Jan||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Sunday 28th Jan||8:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
|Sunday 28th Jan||12:30 PM – 1:00 PM|
Terms & Conditions
By lodging items for sale at the 2nd Hand Stall you are acknowledging that you understand and accept these terms and conditions.
- Items for sale need to be packed for display and clearly labelled with at least FOUR letters (e.g. your initials) and an item number, for example SSGA001, SSGA002, along with the price. Each item’s details are to be recorded on the form. Use the same letters for all your items. We reserve the right not to accept forms other than this design.
- The Sutherland Shire Gamers acting as an agent for the seller retain a commission of 10% on all items sold.
- While every effort is made, the Sutherland Shire Gamers can take no responsibility for loss or damage to goods while on display to the public during the course of the event.
- Any disputes or claims of missing items MUST be made at time of pickup. It is your responsibility to check that you have collected all of your unsold items.
- No 'Box Lots' of loose items, books etc. Please ensure that if you bring a box of items it is either sealed or each item is individually marked.
- When pricing items please use whole dollars only, no cents.
- The Sutherland Shire Gamers take no responsibility for the condition of any item for sale at the Second Hand Stall, all items are sold as is. It is the sellers responsibility to accurately label/describe all items for sale.
- Ensure that all items are labelled legibly, that the labels are securely fixed to the item and that the price is correct as items will be sold according to the information on the label.
- The Sutherland Shire Gamers will not accept any item priced at less than $2.00 and reserves the right not to accept any item we deem inappropriate.
- All goods/monies must be collected before closing 12:00 PM Sunday. Note: no collections or pay outs before 1:00 PM on Friday.
- Unless prior arrangements have been made, uncollected monies will be held by the Sutherland Shire Gamers, and it will be the owner’s responsibility to contact the Sutherland Shire Gamers and arrange collection (at your expense). We may not be able to hold goods e.g. bulky or large quantities of items and these will be left at CANCON or disposed of, it is the owner’s responsibility to collect items prior to close on Sunday.
Have you ever been to a Second Hand Stall before? If not, it’s a second hand stall where gamers bring their ‘less used’ stuff they no longer need and sell it for cash (usually to buy more stuff … we are gamers after all). Here are some of the usual questions we get … What sort of stuff can I sell? Pretty much anything gaming related. You can sell individual models, whole armies, or just sprues you have left over. Magazines, rulebooks, source books, manuals, board games, and more. If you think it’s something to someone else, then bring it along and see what you can get for it. What sort of stuff can I NOT sell? Gamers are pretty nerdy and like some weird stuff, but even we draw limits. We reserve the right to not allow items for sale particularly if they are unsafe (or illegal). For example we don’t accept clothes, shoes, hand bags, stereo equipment, car tyres or food unless its gaming related (ie a Warhammer T-Shirt would be ok). If in doubt contact the CANCON 2ND Hand Stall Organiser to confirm if its ok. Are there any costs to selling stuff? There is no cost when placing items for sale, although the Club collects 10% of all sales to help cover the costs of room and table hire, as well as various other expenses with running the 2nd Hand Stall. Where can I find it? In 2018 we are moving to the Fitzroy Pavilion. There will be lots of signs pointing to our new location. Can I haggle? No, there’s no haggling. Prices are fixed. Can I reserve items? Again no, we don’t reserve items. We may be able to hold an item temporarily if you need to go and get more money, however we will put the item back for sale if you do not collect it promptly (normally 30 minutes). How do I pay? CASH ONLY, as we don’t have EFTPOS. How do I go about selling stuff? Items for sale (Deliveries) are accepted at certain times over the weekend. Please check 2nd Hand Stall opening hours for exact times. All items need to be clearly marked on our 2nd Hand Stall forms, numbered sequentially, and you need to accept our terms and conditions. Our advice – put a price on the item which you would pay for it. Items in the 2nd Hand Stall won’t sell if there’s a high price on an item. It’s a second hand store, so people are after bargains. Labelling your items Items for sale need to be packed for display and clearly labelled with at least FOUR letters (e.g. your initials) and an item number, for example SSGA001, SSGA002, along with the price. Each item’s details are to be recorded on the form. Use the same letters for all your items. We reserve the right not to accept forms other than this design. Can I mark down my prices? Yes, generally during quiet periods. You need to update the form as well as the price on the items. But you need to be very clear when making price changes. When do I get my money and pick up unsold items? At any time (except during the first few hours) – it is your money and stuff after all. We’d prefer it during a quieter period – just come and ask staff for help. Be warned – the place you left your items will more than likely NOT be the place where you’ll find them. It is often the case that a Buyer will carry around your item, have a think, have a chat, have another think, and then leave it somewhere else. And since there can be A LOT of stuff to go through, ensure you have enough time. How much stuff is there to buy? There’s no guarantee how much will turn up year to year but it’s normally more than we have space for. How do I buy stuff? Just like a store, you bring your items to the service desk and help staff sort through what you have. This can take some time as you may have a bunch of items from many different sellers. Staff have to enter each sale into a laptop, so please be patient. Also having the right amount of money helps. Anything else you need to know? If you have further questions you can email the CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Organiser. But generally, be there early to get the better bargains, be patient with staff (we’re volunteers after all), bring cash, and be nice.