Update: 8th January 2018
“First Wave” Ticket Entry
We continually seek to improve the shopping experience with the Second Hand stall.
Our move to the Fitzroy pavilion more than doubles our floor area, giving more elbow room and our new shelving and table system allows us to more than double our display area. This means less crowd and easier shopping.
We know that our customers can queue up for hours to get tickets and non-Canberra residents especially find it difficult to get tickets to our earlier entry times. To improve access to all our customers we are offering “First Wave” tickets for sale.
To alleviate the crush ticket numbers will be limited to 125, and First Wave ticket holders ONLY can access the stall from 11am to 11.30am on Friday 26th. This means gaining access to the 2nd Hand Stall 30 minutes prior to everyone else. The general public will not be given access till after 11:30am.
eTickets are on sale for $20 each (see below) and can be purchased multiple times. Online ticket sales will close at 6pm on Wednesday 24th or until sold. Unsold tickets will be available at the 2nd Hand Stall at CANCON for purchase.
Children 15 years and under do not require a ticket, if accompanied by a ticket holder.
Bring a 'copy' of the eTicket email (either on your phone or printed out) to the Second Hand stall at CANCON between 2pm and 6pm on Thursday 25th and from 7.30am to 10.00am on Friday 26th and we will give you a physical ticket.
Update: 6th January 2018
This year’s Cancon 2nd Hand stall is going to be bigger and better than ever before.
We are moving to the Fitzroy pavilion which allows us to double our floor size and more than double the available display area using our new shelving system.
This huge increase in display area will allow us to separate items for sale by category as an example Books, Board Games and Miniatures meaning you don’t have to wade through a lot of stuff you are not interested in looking for what you want; shopping will be quicker and easier.
And for those of us with dodgy knees there are No stairs, with easy access to our doors for delivery by foot or car.
Our improved computer system V.3, which was rigorously tested at MOAB 2017, will significantly speed up sales and those all-important payouts.
And don’t forget Seller forms can now be submitted electronically.
CANCON 2018 Second Hand Stall
Sutherland Shire Gamers, on behalf of the Canberra Games Society runs the Second Hand Stall at CANCON in Canberra in January of each year.
Please subscribe to our updates for the Second Hand Stall at CANCON. To improve our service, we regularly review and may change our forms, sales procedures and hours of operation from year to year. By receiving updates you will be kept informed of any changes made.The important points to remember for this year are:
- We are now located in the Fitzroy Pavilion. There will be additional signs to help you to find us. Moving to Fitzroy Pavilion gives almost double the space with extra tables, new shelving and more room between tables.
- The Seller Code requirements has now changed to a FOUR letter code. Please remember that all your items for sale MUST be clearly labelled with the same FOUR letter code and an item number (eg. SSGA01, SSGA02). See our Terms & Conditions below for all requirements.
- Computer system V3.
- Seller forms can now be submitted electronically (See below).
- New & Improved and faster payout process.
- Entry to the Second Hand Stall on the Friday morning will be via a colour ticketed entry system. Different coloured tickets will be issued to attendees that will permit them to enter the Second Hand Stall at a specific entry time. Effectively the earlier you get your ticket the earlier your entry time is, tickets will be available from 7.30am on Friday morning at the Second Hand Stall. Only 1 ticket will be issued per person.
- This way individuals do not have to remain in a queue waiting to get in but can wander off and come back at a designated time for automatic entry at that time.
- A reminder that the 2nd Hand Stall is CASH ONLY.