CANCON 2019 Second Hand Stall
Team MOAB is once again at CANCON!
After successfully running MOAB 2018 Team MOAB are back for another year to run the second hand stall at CANCON 2019.
Sellers - Storage Containers and Boxes
We can no longer store (under the tables or elsewhere) empty boxes or containers. Aside from the issue of a large amount of rubbish left at the end of the day, we often find items that have fallen off the table or have been place for future collection inside or amongst these boxes/containers. This causes problems for both us and the seller, so no more.
Only boxes that are absolutely necessary (in our view) to display items will be allowed to remain and then so at the risk of the owner.
If you want to retrieve your boxes/containers please ensure that these are clearly marked with your details and that you want to keep them. Emptied boxes/containers may be disposed of during the event and any uncollected boxes or containers will be disposed of at the end of the event.
There will be no public access (this includes Sellers) to the display area during drop off and delivery times, Sellers are not permitted in this area during setup/drop off or any other area designated Staff Only.
New Point of Sale System.
The new version of our point of sale system performed very well at MOAB and we’re confident that it’ll do so again at CANCON.
A reminder that the Second Hand Stall at CANCON is cash only.
The most significant change is that Sellers submitting forms electronically can now receive labels with barcodes. It helps Sellers label their items quickly and easily, and significantly decreases the processing time for sales (which is good news for everyone). The labels are easy to read and easy to scan. And remember - it’s a requirement that seller codes are FOUR letters.
So do yourself (and us) a favour and increase your sales by submitting your seller forms electronically and use the new labels and barcode system!
First Wave Tickets.
“First Wave” Tickets are now only available at CANCON for $20.00 each. First Wave ticket holders can access the stall from 11am to 11:30am on Saturday 26th.
General admission is after 11:30am and will be via a coloured ticketed entry system distributed on the day.
“First Wave” tickets (eTickets) cost $20.00 each and are for sale online until 10am on Saturday 26th or until sold, multiple first wave eTickets can be purchased online.
“First Wave” ticket holders can access the stall from 11am on Saturday 26th.
If any “First Wave” tickets remain these will be available at the 2nd Hand Stall at CANCON for purchase between 2pm and 6pm on Friday 25th and from 8:00am to 10:00am on Saturday 26th.
For eTicket purchases bring a 'copy' of the eTicket email (either on your phone or printed out) to the Second Hand stall at CANCON between 2pm and 6pm on Friday 25th and from 8:00am to 10:00am on Saturday 26th and we will give you a physical ticket for entry purposes. Our friendly staff will assist you with any inquiries.
General admission will be after 11:30am and will be via a colour ticketed entry system. Tickets for General Admission can be collected between 8:00am and10:00am on Saturday 26th at the Second Hand Stall.
Different coloured tickets will be issued to attendees that will permit them to enter the Second Hand Stall at a specific entry time.
Effectively the earlier you get your ticket the earlier your entry time is. Only 1 ticket will be issued per person in attendance.
Note. Children 12 years and under do not require a ticket, if accompanied by a ticket holder.
Please subscribe to our updates for the Second Hand Stall at CANCON and make sure you read our full Terms and Conditions, and FAQ.
To continue to improve our service to customers we need to ensure that all sellers submit their lists online and barcode their items. It improves sales, reduces customer waiting times and queue length, administration, management and relieves stress in general. This was evident this year at MOAB, and we aim to have the same happen at Cancon in 2019.
With this in mind and with our running costs the way they are, it’s been decided that an increase of 5% to the commission will be charged to sellers who do not submit lists online and use the new barcoding system.
This increase will be applied from MOAB 2019 and Cancon 2020, and only apply to lists containing 20 items or more.
Do everybody a favour and submit your lists on line and use our new labeling and barcoding system.
We have added the capability to upload seller Forms to our 2nd Hand Stall Application, which will allow faster bookins and sales.
- Download the WORD form (cancon2ndhandstall2018.doc) and update; OR
- Create a CSV file with the following fields in this order: (Seller Code, Item Number, Description, Price)
- Upload this Seller Form/List file (either the WORD form or CSV file); entering your name, email address and phone number.
- We will then
- Load the Seller Form/Lists into the CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Application.
- If ok, then we will send you a confirmation email with the reference code and barcode labels for each of your items.
- If there is an issue with the Seller Form/List, we will send you an email with details of the issue.
- When you drop the items off at book in, bring your seller code and we will do a quick check of your items against the your Seller List on the CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Application.
- Just upload another Seller List if you have any changes or updates to your original list.
- The cut off for Uploading Seller Lists is now 6am Friday 25th. Between Friday (25/1) 2pm to 6pm and Saturday (26/1) 8:00am to 10:00am we will accept Seller Lists on USB, and we can print out the Barcode labels and supply sticky tape if needed. After these times, we will not accept Seller Lists on USB, they must be supplied as printed or handwritten sheets.
If you have any questions, please contact the CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Organiser
|Friday 25th Jan||2:00 PM – 6:00 PM|
|Saturday 26th Jan||8:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|11:00 AM – 11:30 AM||First Wave Tickets ONLY|
|11:30 AM – 1:00 PM||General Public|
|1:00 PM – 5:00 PM|
|Sunday 27th Jan||8:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
|Monday 28th Jan||8:00 AM – 10:00 AM|
|10:00 AM – 12:00 PM|
Terms and Conditions
- This second hand stall is conducted by the Sutherland Shire Gamers, which is an activity of the Sylvania Heights Community and Youth Centre Inc.
- The stall is conducted by volunteers for the good of the hobby.
- The stall is not a business and is not trade or commerce.
- The stall is not conducted by a second hand dealer within the meaning of the Pawnbrokers and Second Hand Dealers Act 1996 (NSW).
- These terms are intended to deal with all matters that would otherwise be dealt with by the Uncollected Goods Act 1995 (NSW).
- Your goods will be placed on display for sale to members of the public. The operators of the stall have a limited ability to monitor closely the conduct of all customers of the stall. The goods are being sold on an “as is” basis. To your benefit, that means that no requests for refunds will be entertained. To your potential risk, that means that the goods are to some extent, available for inspection by customers.
- Your goods will be accounted for in the following ways:
- Any goods not sold will be returned to you.
- Any goods sold will have the purchase price paid to you, less 10% by way of commission to the Sutherland Shire Gamers.
- While best endeavours will be exercised by the Sutherland Shire Gamers with respect to your goods, if they are neither accounted for as sold nor able to be located, the Sutherland Shire Gamers will not bear any liability for that loss. In those circumstances, you will not be paid or have your goods returned to you.
- Any disputes as to the return of goods or payment for goods placed for sale are to be raised no later than 12pm on 28th January 2018. After that time no claim of loss will be maintainable by you against any person.
- Any goods not collected will be retained by the Sutherland Shire Gamers and retained for a period of thirty days. No notices will be given to you that any goods have been retained. Inquiries as to retained goods can be forwarded to CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Organiser. If at the end of the thirty day period the goods have neither been collected nor been the subject of a concluded agreement for them to be collected, those goods become the property of the Sutherland Shire Gamers, absolutely and not subject to any trust or claim. It is agreed that the forfeiture of any uncollected goods reflects a mutual and reasonable estimate of the costs incurred in retaining them for collection for the thirty day period.
- Any monies not collected will be retained by the Sutherland Shire and retained for a period of thirty days. Any inquiries as to retained funds can be directed to CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Organiser. Sellers will be notified of any monies that are being retained and asked to provide banking details to facilitate the transfer of any monies held. If at the end of the thirty day period the monies have neither been collected nor been the subject of a concluded agreement for them to be transferred or collected, those monies are forfeited to the Sutherland Shire Gamers absolutely, and will not thereafter be the subject of any claim or trust. It is agreed that the forfeiture of the funds reflects a mutual and reasonable estimate of the costs incurred in retaining them for collection for the thirty day period.
Labelling, Pricing and Packaging Requirements for Sellers
Items for sale need to be packed for display and clearly labelled with FOUR letters (e.g. your initials or some other combination of letters) and an item number, for example SBAG001, SBAG002, along with the price. Each item’s details are to be recorded on the item form.
We reserve the right not to accept forms other than this design.
- When pricing items please use whole dollars only, no cents.
- The Sutherland Shire Gamers will not accept any item priced at less than $2.00 and reserves the right not to accept any item.
- No ‘Box Lots’ of loose items, books etc. Please ensure that if you bring a box of items it is either sealed or each item is individually marked.
- No early payouts on Saturday, early payouts at the discretion of staff.
- Any disputes or claims of missing items MUST be made at time of pickup. It is your responsibility to check that you have collected all of your unsold items.
Have you ever been to a 2nd Hand Stall before? If not, it’s a 2nd Hand Stall where gamers bring their ‘less used’ stuff they no longer need and sell it for cash (usually to buy more stuff … we are gamers after all). Here are some of the usual questions we get …
What sort of stuff can I sell? Pretty much anything gaming related, collectibles, or items others might want. You can sell board games, card games, electronic games, RPG games, tabletop miniatures games, items related to these (eg. magazines) or collectibles like Lego, Star Wars and more. You can also sell components of games, such as individual models, rulebooks, tokens, cards, etc. If you think it’s worth something to someone else, then bring it along and see what you can get for it.
What sort of stuff can I NOT sell? Gamers are pretty nerdy and like some weird stuff, but even we draw limits. We reserve the right to not allow items for sale particularly if they are unsafe (or illegal). For example we don’t accept clothes, shoes, hand bags, stereo equipment, car tyres or food unless its gaming related (ie a Warhammer T-Shirt would be ok). If in doubt contact the CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Organiser to confirm if its ok.
Are there any costs to selling stuff? There is no cost when placing items for sale, although the Club collects 10% of all sales to help cover the costs of room and table hire, as well as various other expenses with running the 2nd Hand Stall.
Where can I find it? In 2018 we moved to the Fitzroy Pavilion. There will be lots of signs pointing to our new location.
Can I haggle? No, there’s no haggling. Prices are fixed.
Can I reserve items? Again no, we don’t reserve items. We may be able to hold an item temporarily if you need to go and get more money, however we will put the item back for sale if you do not collect it promptly (normally 30 minutes).
How do I pay? We accept CASH only.
Can I submit my Seller lists electronically? Yes, you can. We have added this process to speed up the whole 2nd Hand Stall process. Go to the Upload Seller Forms button above. Submitting your seller list electronically helps everyone with a smoother process. Now, after sending us your selling list (Upload Seller Forms), we will send you Barcode labels to attach to your items.
How do I go about selling stuff? Items for sale (Deliveries) are accepted at certain times over the weekend. Please check 2nd Hand Stall opening hours for exact times. All items need to be clearly marked on our CANCON 2nd Hand Stall forms, numbered sequentially, and you need to accept our terms and conditions. Our advice – put a price on the item which you would pay for it. Items in the 2nd Hand Stall won’t sell if there’s a high price on an item. It’s a second hand store, so people are after bargains.
Labelling your items Items for sale need to be packed for display and clearly labelled with at least FOUR letters (e.g. your initials) and an item number, for example SSGG1, SSGG2, SSGG3, etc along with the price (full dollars only). Each item’s details are to be recorded on the form. Use the same letters for all your items. We reserve the right not to accept forms other than this design.
Access to display area when dropping off items There will be no public access (this includes Sellers) to the display area during drop off and delivery times. Sellers are not permitted in this area during setup/drop off or any other area designated 'Staff Only'.
Sellers and their boxes We can no longer store (under the tables or elsewhere) empty boxes or containers. Aside from the issue of a large amount of rubbish left at the end of the weekend, we often find items that have fallen off the table or have been placed for future collection inside or amongst these boxes/containers. Only boxes that are absolutely necessary (in our view) to display items will be allowed to remain and then so at the risk of the owner. If you want to retrieve your boxes/containers please ensure that these are clearly marked with your details and that you want to keep them. Emptied boxes/containers may be disposed of during the event and any uncollected boxes or containers will be disposed of at the end of the event.
Can I mark down my prices? Yes, generally during quiet periods. You need to update the form as well as the price on the items. But you need to be very clear when making price changes.
When do I get my money and pick up unsold items? At any time (except during the first few hours) – it is your money and stuff after all. We’d prefer it during a quieter period – just come and ask staff for help. Be warned – the place you left your items will more than likely NOT be the place where you’ll find them. It is often the case that a Buyer will carry around your item, have a think, have a chat, have another think, and then leave it somewhere else. And since there can be A LOT of stuff to go through, ensure you have enough time.
How much stuff is there to buy? There’s no guarantee how much will turn up year to year but it’s normally more than we have space for.
How do I buy stuff? Just like a store, you bring your items to the service desk and help staff sort through what you have. This can take some time as you may have a bunch of items from many different sellers. Staff must to enter each sale into a laptop, so please be patient. Also having the right amount of money helps.
Anything else you need to know? If you have further questions you can email the CANCON 2nd Hand Stall Organiser. But generally, be there early to get the better bargains, be patient with staff (we’re volunteers after all), and be nice.